Wednesday, July 21

Whoa!

I searched Google for "Herr Theoretiker" today, and my blog is the #1 hit! Even without the quotes! Also, on a search for just "theoretiker" I'm above the fold (with a desktop resolution of 1152x864, anyway).

BTW, for those not in the know (i.e. probably my mom if she reads this), "above the fold" is a newspaper term meaning what the consumer will see on the top of the front page, before he ever picks up the paper. On the Internet it means whatever you can see on a web page without scrolling.

Oh yeah, in case you were wondering... "Herr Theoretiker," my online name, is German for "Mr. Theorist." "Ich bin," for those of you who have never heard of John Fitzgerald Kennedy, is German for "I am." I consider myself a music theorist (in some sense), and I speak a bit of German (and an even smaller bit of Spanish, too, but that's beside the point), so there's the enigma of my page title all done and explained.

As long as I'm explaining some things about my Web presence, I might as well let non-musicians know what my subdomain name means. An "augmented fourth" is an interval in music that is considered to be the second-most-dissonant sound you can get out of two tones. However, I love the sound of it, and most of the music I've ever written uses it pretty prominently. Huzzah for the Diabolus in Musica!

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available by emailing the author (use the link above).




The Geek Code desperately needs updating, but in any case here's mine (as of 2010-02-28):

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GIT/MU d+(-) s:+>: a C++> ULXB++++$ L+++ M++ w--() !O !V P+ E---
W+++ N o++ K? PS PE++ Y+ PGP t !5 X- R- tv+@ b++ DI++++ D--- e*++
h--- r+++ y+++ G+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------


If you really care about knowing what that all means, you either know the code already, or you can get it decoded for you here.